The popular and much controversial television reality show Bigg Boss is back with its all new season and this year with many changes in the format of the show. This year it’s being called Bigg Boss OTT and ever since the announcement of the show last month by the regular host Salman Khan on Instagram, it created quite a buzz among the fans of the show.
The first six weeks of the show are being aired live on the OTT platform Voot with the new Host Karan Johar. When the show returns to TV after 6 weeks, Salman Khan will host as usual.
This season of the show started with Karan Johar giving a tour of the house and then introducing the contestants. This time the theme is ‘Stay Connected’ and the male and female celebrities were paired and sent to the house.
People took to Twitter to talk about the show and many even praised Karan Johar but many even missed Salman.
This years list of contestants is as follows-
- Neha Bhasin- She is a popular Bollywood singer best known for songs Jag Ghoomeya and Swag se swagat
- Nishant Bhatt- Dancer, CHoreographer last appeared in Super Dancer 3 as choreographer.
- Karan Nath- He is a Bollywood actor and has appeared in films such as ‘Paagalpan’ and ‘Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa.’
- Zeeshan khan- TV actor best known for shows ‘Naagin’ & ‘Kumkum Bhagya’
- Milind Gaba- Popular Punjabi and Hindi singer, songwriter, music producer, and actor. ‘Nazar Lag Jayegi,’ ‘She Don’t Know,’ and ‘Yaar Mod Do’ are some of his most well-known songs.
- Pratik Sehajpal- He appeared in MTV’s dating reality show ‘Love School’ in the third season.
- Raqesh Bapat- TV and film actor appearing in 2001 release ‘Tum Bin’ and TV shows like ‘Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar,’ ‘Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?,’ and ‘Qubool Hai.’
- Ridhima Pandit- She is best known for her portrayal as Rajni in the film ‘Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant.’
- Urfi Javed- TV actress appearing in shows such as Bade Bhaiyya Ki Dulhania, Chandra Nandini, Meri Durga & Daayan along with shows like Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Kasautii Zindagii Kay and Aye Mere Humsafar.
- Divya Agarwal- Actress, model, and dancer. She finished second in ‘MTV Splitsvilla season 10’ and won ‘MTV Ace of Space’ season 1 and eventually making an acting debut in season two of the horror web series ‘Ragini MMS: Returns’
- Akshara Singh- Bhojpuri actress well recognised for her roles in the action-drama ‘Tabadala’, the political drama Sarkar Raj, and the action-romance ‘Satya’.
- Muskan Jattana- Punjabi-Australian social media influencer.
- Shamita Shetty- the actress and sister of Shilpa Shetty has appeared in many movies such as cult classic Mohabbatein. She also appeared in third season of Bigg Boss.
The show is available to air live 24×7 on Voot with a premium plan of Rs 299. It will air an exclusive one-hour special with access to exclusive cuts Monday to Saturday at 7 in the evening. Every Sunday, Karan will interact with the participants at 8 in the evening.