The mid-range smartphone market has been buzzing hot with the recent releases of the OnePlus Nord2 5G and Poco F3 GT. The two smartphones pack in almost identical features and lie in the same price range of mid 20,000s to 30,000.
Before the release of both smartphones, when OnePlus released the teaser banner of Nord 2, Poco trolled them on Twitter.
OnePlus’ banners on Amazon read, “Everything you could ask for,” and making fun of the same, Poco tweeted, “not your N-ordinary phone”.
Poco also tweeted an image saying “Poco F3 GT Pretty and a lot, lot more. Coming soon.” the Image had the words “much everything you could ask for” struck out which is the tagline of Nord 2.
This increased the hype around both the phone and now as both the phones are released, let’s take a look at their features and compare them.
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- Screen- It packs in a 6.43-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels and a pixel density of 410ppi and 90 Hz refresh rate.
- Processor- The phone is powered by the flagship MediaTek Dimensity 1200 AI SoC. It is an octa-core chipset built on a 6nm manufacturing process. Further, the chipset is clocked at 3GHz and paired with Mali G77 MC9 GPU.
- RAM and storage- Nord 2 will come in three RAM and storage configurations. While the base variant gets 6GB RAM and 128 GB storage, the mid-model comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB and the top-end model is equipped with 6GB RAM and 128GB of onboard storage. OnePlus has used LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 3.1 storage here.
- Camera- The OnePlus Nord 2 sports a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 50-megapixel Sony IMX766 primary shooter with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation), an 8-megapixel ultrawide sensor with 119.7-degree field of view and EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) and another 2-megapixel macro lens. In the selfie camera department, it gets a 32-megapixel IMX615 sensor for selfies. The selfie shooter also gets EIS support. While the rear cameras can shoot 4K 30fps videos, the video capability of the front camera is capped to 1080p at 30fps.
- Battery & Connectivity- The OnePlus Nord 2 is powered by a 4500mAh battery with 65W fast charging. Connectivity options include 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS and USB-Type C. Interestingly, the smartphone supports a total of seven 5G bands.
- Other Feature- This is the first time a plus device is being launched with a new custom OS which is a mixture of Oxygen OS and Color OS. the phone marks the return of the OnePlus legendary Alert Slider which was absent in Nord CE 5G released earlier this month.
Poco F3 GT
- Screen- The smartphone comes with a 6.67-inch 10-bit AMOLED panel with a refresh rate of 120Hz.
- Processor- MediaTek Dimensity 1200 SoC powers the gaming-centric Poco F3 GT. It is an octa-core chipset built on a 6nm manufacturing process and clocked at 3GHz and is paired with Mali G77 MC9 GPU.
- RAM & Storage- It is available in three RAM and storage configurations with the base variant being 6GB RAM and 128 GB storage, the mid-model comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB, and the top-end model is equipped with 8GB RAM and 256GB of onboard storage.
- Camera- Poco F3 GT features three rear cameras, consisting of a 64-megapixel primary shooter, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel camera with a macro lens. Whereas on the front, it gets a 16-megapixel camera. While the rear cameras can shoot 4K 30fps videos, the video capability of the front camera is capped to 1080p at 30fps.
- Battery & Connectivity- The Poco F3 GT is powered by a 5065mAh battery with support for 67W fast charging. Connectivity options include 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB-Type C and an IR blaster.
- Other Feature- It runs Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 on top and comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for authentication. It has special gaming triggers to enhance your performance during gaming sessions and comes with stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support and three microphones for better audio capture during calls or recording.
While the specs of both the phones are quite close to each other. The main differentiating factor is that the Poco F3 GT seems to be focussing a lot on gaming performance, the Nord 2 is seemingly going for all-around goodness.
The pricing for Nord 2 starts at ₹27,999 while F3 GT starts at ₹26,999.