A trip to goa is on the bucket list of almost everyone. But have you ever thought of going to heaven? Yes, I am talking about heaven on earth that too in our India. Meghalaya it is. It is one of the beautiful destination to plan a trip. Meghalaya is literally called as ‘abode of clouds’. It is one of the most beautiful untapped and unexplored states in India.
Here are some of the reasons why you should not miss going to Meghalaya:
1. There are a lot of waterfalls that will leave you mesmerized. There are approximately 16 main waterfalls in Meghalaya. Mostly are unexplored and beautiful. The highest and the most beautiful waterfall in India is the Nohkalikai Falls. It is the tallest waterfall in India, located at a distance of 7km from Cherrapunji. You will get to see overwhelming natural beauty here.
2. Do you know which the cleanest river in India? It is Umngot river of Meghalaya. It is popularly known as Dawki river. This is one of the major reason to visit Meghalaya. The Ministry of Jal Shakti wrote on Twitter, “It seems as if the boat is in the air; water is so clean and transparent. Wish all our rivers were as clean. Hats off to the people of Meghalaya.” This river flows 100 kilometre from Shillong in Meghalaya. So, do not miss out to see the cleanest river of India.
3. If you are a nature lover, then Meghalaya is for you. You’ll get see handmade root bridges. Indulge in the beauty of nature by seeing the roor bridges made from rubber trees roots. These bridges are major attraction in the state.
4. If you visit Shillong, Meghalaya then, Jadoh is a must try dish. It is a traditional dish of Khasi tribe of Meghalaya. It is made from pork and rice. People nowadays make it with other versiy too like they use chicken or fish.
5. You can stay in the cleanest village of Asia, Mawlynnong. In Meghalaya, there are many old-age ancient caves. India’s longest natural cave, Krem Liat Prah is situated in Meghalaya.
Witness the unique natural beauty, while visiting to Meghalaya. So what are you waiting for? Go and plan a trip to Meghalaya.